- Ad-hoc fix to address an unexpected status message from the Twitter feed.
- Disabled Google Analytics as it was a bottleneck when the app launched
- Fixed an issue with the message banner on the iPhone 5/5S and iPod Touch 5G
- Added Google Analytics (it would be nice to know who's using the app!)
- Fixed an issue with off-line mode.
- Display an ETA on when the service will be back up (works off-line too, once you've seen the update once)
- Lets you know if the service has just been restored, so you can account for backlog delays.
- Lets you know if specific stations are closed, with trains non-stopping.
- Reports long term closures correctly (ie; the Yellow Line being closed at weekends)
- App now distinguishes between the phone being off-line and the server being inaccessible.
- Faster app start-up.
- "Night mode" redesigned.
- Notifications no longer sent out when the server starts up unless a status has changed since before the server went down.
- Ability to use the control script to post a timed messages of various natures.
- Logs cycle correctly from day to day.
- Bouncing the app doesn't interrupt the user experience.
- Email notifications for admin purposes.
- Removed the ad-hoc patch from v0.3-5.
- URL moved to metroapp.heliomas.com.
- Ad-hoc patch to address a parsing issue which was causing the Yellow Line to incorrectly show a delay.
- Move the app to its new home at heliomass.com/metroapp!
- The internal status feed is now more like an API. I hope to open up this API to other developers if the demand is there.
- Prevent the web app from loading from within other iPhone apps. Also, correctly identify Google Chrome running on an iPhone, since it pretends to be Safari.
- Fixed a small display glitch when launching the app for the first time when the server was off-line.
- Ad-hoc patch to address an issue with manual tweets on the STM Twitter feeds.
- Work to prepare for support for both French and English in upcoming v0.4
- Fix a bug whereby the log entries had incorrect timestamps.
- Reduce the logging in order to make the log files more readable.
- Fixed a small visual glitch when starting the app for the first time.
- Added "Night Time" mode.
- Loading animation during update and install, to indicate that the app isn't hanging if the connection is slow.
- Improved the speed at which the app starts.
- Informs the user when the app is installing its data for the first time.
- Fix an issue on iOS 6 whereby rotating the device would cause a display glitch.
- Fix a couple of general display issues when the user attempts to scroll.
- Remove unused images in order to speed up load times.
- Completely revised design (again!), inspired by iOS 7's layered design paradigm.
- New app update mechanism for deploying changes.
- Circumnavigate new bugs with webapps introduced in iOS 7.
- Completely redesigned to obtain status information from Twitter.
- Implemented off-line support for the web app.
- Implemented an update mechanism for the web app.
- Web app keeps all content aside from the line status in-house, resulting in much faster load time.
- Fixed a number of small display issues.
- Completely new design
- iPhone 5 support
- Layouts for both portrait and landscape rotation
- Fixed a critical issue where where setting the time to EST didn't account for daylight savings for several weeks a year
- Per-box config files
- Normalising random timer for sleep time intervals
- Proper logging and push modules added
- Module to interface with the Twitter Rest API
- Parser to display line statuses in more realistic phrasing
- Sleep time randomised over a normal distribution
- Controller script to start and stop the server app
- Holding page is shown when the app is down
- Installation page only visible to an iPhone user on Safari
- Newly installed app shows a 'NEW' banner across it until it's first run
- App mode can be forced by visiting the URL with the correct arguments
- Comprehensive test mode with sample statuses
- Code refactored
- Web page written to a temp file before being moved into place to prevent a glitch showing as the file is written
- App exits gracefully when sent an exit signal
- Initial version
- Ability to retrieve line status from STM website
- Substitute string into a template
- Periodic updating based on time of day and day of week
- Basic web-app interface
- Support for iPhone 4, 4S
- Web app icon shows line statuses